If you notice any of the car brake symptoms or warning signs found below (or anything else that seems “not right”), it’s a good idea to have your auto brakes checked. BrakesZone® will provide you with a FREE brake check. If our brake service inspection reveals they do require repair, we will explain exactly what’s required and what’s optional. We will then provide you with a written estimate before any brake repair work is done. Call the location nearest you to schedule an appointment. Looking to save some money on brake repair service? Check out our awesome brake repair Coupons and Specials
CAR BRAKE REPAIR SERVICE WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Complete auto brakes inspection
- Replacing pads or shoes
- Lube calipers and hardware
- Machine rotors or drums
- Test drive
- Labor included
Brake Warning Signs
- DRAG – Sticking brakes, hot wheels or engine which seems to have lost power. Auto brakes may be failing to release; the condition can reverse itself, leaving you with no brakes at all. This would indicate brakes service is needed.
- PULL – Vehicle pulls to one side when brakes are applied. May be underinflated tire, misadjusted brakes or brakes are in need of car brakes repair.
- HARD PEDAL – Requires extreme pressure to make brakes function. Can indicate power brake trouble, restricted hydraulic lines, frozen calipers or wheel cylinders, or damaged brake linings
- BRAKE LIGHTS- Red indicates a problem as simple as the parking brake on, or low fluid, to something as serious as a hydraulic system failure. Yellow indicates deactivation of your ABS system. While your brakes should work, it does require inspection at the first opportunity.
- VIBRATION – Brake pedal, steering wheel or entire vehicle shakes, vibrates or pulsates when brake is applied. May indicate need to resurface disc brake rotors – or signal a serious problem of a loose component or faulty steering mechanism.
- SQUEAL – Brakes should operate with a minimal amount of noise. Some noise is normal but excessive squeal, screech, grinding, groaning, chatter, clatter or bang means your brakes need of car brakes repair.
- LOW PEDAL – Pedal nearly touches floorboard before brakes function. May activate your brake warning light. Problem may require a simple adjustment – or indicate something much more serious.
- GRAB – “Touchy” brakes that grab with the least pressure. May indicate a problem as simple as grease or oil contaminated linings – or as serious as loose or broken component ready to fail in an emergency.